We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Tax Specialist to join our growing accounting team!
If you are fully qualified, possess at least 2 years of Maltese tax experience, and are up for an exciting career change, then we invite you to keep on reading. You might be the next person joining our professional and vibrant team!
An Overview of What You'll Be Doing:
- Compiling and submitting tax returns and tax refund claim forms
- Preparing monthly detailed management accounts
- Preparing periodic reports and helping in the preparation of the budget process
- Liaising with external auditors to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Compiling and submitting VAT returns
- Communicate with clients to acquire the necessary paperwork and documentation to complete corporate tax returns
- Review and verify client’s tax forms to ensure their proper and timely submissions
- Research tax laws and regulations while seeking the advice of the accounting director when dealing with particularly challenging tax circumstances
- Assist clients with benefitting from any applicable tax credit schemes
- Assist with tax audits
- Respond to notices from tax authorities and liaise with the relevant entities
- Assist non-financial managers with the interpretation and provision of financial data
- Perform ad hoc requests by management
What We Are Looking for in You:
- You are qualified with an Accounting or Finance degree or ACCA. If you are in the final stages of your ACCA qualification but have experience in Maltese taxation and are already in possession of the FÓ module, then we encourage you to apply as well.
- Preferably hold a CPA license.
- Possess a minimum of at least 2 years of working experience in Maltese tax.
- If you have work experience with a Big 4 firm, that would be a huge plus.
- Well-versed in Maltese VAT, tax refund claim forms, IFRS and GAPSME
- Experience with client accounting
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Tools, particularly Excel.
- Proficiency in the use of accounting software
- Complete fluency in English, both verbal and written (no less than C1 and/or C2 in reading, writing, speaking, and listening)
- A good communicator and active listener
- Possess strong organizational skills and a good eye for detail
- Can work independently and manage one’s time effectively, especially prioritizing tasks and switching from one task to the other when needed
- Able to work well under pressure, especially because of tax deadlines
- A dependable and responsible individual coupled with a professional demeanour
What We Offer:
We believe that our employees are integral to our firm and our clients. If you are looking for an energetic workplace where colleagues are friends, hard work is recognized and would like to work in a refreshing environment, then we want to hear from you.
At Borg Galea & Associates, we are committed to providing attractive career growth prospects and opportunities to enhance your professional development and exposure.
We offer remuneration that is commensurate with your experience, qualifications, industry trends, and your willingness to enhance your professional development.
Our normal office hours are from Monday to Friday between 08:30 to 17:00. You will be working from our brand-new office in Imriehel, Malta. We offer flexible working hours in terms of starting and finishing your workday.
Your personal data will be processed by us solely for our recruitment purposes and the employee’s relationship with the firm in case of employment.
Borg Galea & Associates is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, and we take ample care to avoid any form of discrimination in our recruitment processes.
✅ Know anyone who might be interested? 💶 An attractive referral bonus will be offered if you refer to us a ✨ successful ✨ individual for this role!
To learn more about the vacancy, contact:
Application Form - Tax Specialist
Borg Galea is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures