The selected candidate will be responsible for:
• Guide the junior auditors to carry out feedback;
• Review the work done by junior auditors;
• Work with the audit manager to plan audits on medium sized engagements;
• For smaller audits, the senior auditor would be working directly with the directors;
• Liaising with clients in relation to all necessary preparations and compilation of documents;
• Candidate must be proficient in GAPSME and IFRS reporting frameworks;
• Ensure that all numbers are accurate, regulations are complied with, and that the company is in line with statutory requirements;
• Helping the Audit Manager prepare the discussion draft of the audit report;
• Prepare financial statements and other reporting documents;
• Attending meetings on an ad-hoc basis with the client and audit manager or director and complete the audit report.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
• Have a positive attitude
• Be able to work under pressure
• Be able to communicate confidently and effectively in English
Minimum Qualifications Required
Only applicants with an ACCA qualification or an equivalent Accounting qualification from a European Union University will be considered.
Minimum Auditing Experience Required
At least one year full time post qualification work with a reputable audit firm.
Borg Galea provides excellent career growth prospects and an opportunity for continuing professional development and exposure.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and qualifications.
The normal working hours will be on a daily basis from 0900 hrs to 1700 hrs and the applicant will be expected to work from the company’s office in Santa Venera. Flexible hours are also possible.
Personal data provided by a candidate will be processed by Borg Galea & Associates for the purposes of its recruitment process and in case of employment, for the purposes of the employee’s relationship with the Company.
Borg Galea is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures.
To learn more about the vacancy, contact:
Application Form - Senior Auditor
Borg Galea is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures