Would you like to join our Audit department? We are accepting applications for a qualified, experienced, and responsible full-time Senior Auditor who is capable of ensuring the efficient completion of accurate audits and maintaining exceptional levels of auditing quality and financial accuracy.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable leading auditing engagements of various sizes and be confident to delegate tasks and setting deadlines to the junior members of the team as and when required. These duties entail supervision and assistance from the Audit Managers, with whom the Senior Auditor will be working hand in hand with and supporting to ensure the successful management of the audit team.
An Overview of What You'II Be Doing
- Guiding the junior auditors to carry out feedback and reviewing their work.
- Completing small audits with minimal supervision.
- Workingwith the Audit Managers to plan audits on engagements of various sizes and across a varying industry portfolio.
- Liaising with clients in relation to all necessary preparations and compilation of documents, concurrently seeking to sustain a productive working relationship with them and promoting their overall satisfaction.
- Preparing financial statements and other reporting documents.
- Utilising and keeping oneself well-verse with audit technology and the applicable firm-related standard software to ensure that all engagement targets are attained and service delivery is enforced.
- Assisting the Audit Managers in ensuring that all numbers are accurate, regulations are complied with and that the firm is in line with all statutory requirements.
- Attending meetings on an adhoc basis with clients, Audit Managers, other team members within the Audit department and/or Directors.
- Supporting or handling other functions in line with the job designation of a Senior Auditor and its required skills set.
- Understanding the firm’s service lines and actively assess and present ways to apply the relevant knowledge and necessary services.
What We Are Looking for in You:
- Already residing in Malta.
- A completed and successful ACCA qualification or any other recognized accounting University degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in the audit sector with a reputable audit and accounting firm. Candidates with experience from a Big 4 company will be given preference.
- Be proficient in GAPSME and IFRS reporting frameworks and preferably also in International Auditing Standards.
- Must communicate flawlessly and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing (no less than a C1 or C2 level).
- Fluency in any other language/s will be considered as an asset, especially in Maltese and/or German.
- Availability to work on a full-time basis (40 hours from Monday to Friday)
- Demonstrating a positive aptitude to expand one’s own knowledge and skills set related to various client industries.
- Maintaining an eye for detail and sustaining a deadline-oriented approach.
- A good communicator and listener who enjoys being part of a multinational team of professionals.
What We Offer:
Our motto is “Happy clients are the result of hard work from our happy employees”. We strongly believe that our employees represent the firm. They work hard and well for our success, and we strive to ensure that they are well-rewarded for it. As a firm, we do our best to maintain a positive, enjoyable, and healthy work environment for all. Throughout the year we also organise several team building and company events for the whole team and provide a fully-paid mobile phone connection for both work and personal purposes.
If you are looking for an energetic and refreshing workplace where colleagues become friends and hard work is recognized, then let us get to know you!
We offer a highly competitive remuneration that is commensurate with your experience, qualifications, and willingness to continuously advance your professional development and performance.
Our firm is committed in providing attractive career growth prospects and opportunities to enhance your professional development and exposure, combined with all necessary training and upskilling. We sponsor your yearly professional training requirements plus related seminars, webinars and conferences that would be of interest.
Our office hours are from Monday to Friday between 08:30 to 17:00 but the working hours are flexible, meaning that you can start and finish your workday anytime between 07:00 and 17:30. This role requires working from our brand-new office in Imriehel, Malta on a full-time basis.
Our 2023 reduced working hours entail working till 14:00 every Wednesday and Friday throughout July and August to enjoy summertime and support our work-life balance commitments.
Apply by sending a motivation email and attaching a recent and well-detailed CV.
Your personal data will be processed by Borg Galea & Associates for its recruitment purposes and the employee’s relationship with the firm in case of employment.
✅ Know anyone who might be interested?
💶 An attractive referral bonus will be offered if you refer us to our next ✨ star-candidate ✨ for this role!
To learn more about the vacancy, contact:
Application Form - Senior Auditor
Borg Galea is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures