We are welcoming applications from prospective candidates seeking an Audit Manager role to join our growing firm. As an Audit Manager, you will hold a pivotal role in co-leading and managing the audit function within the firm.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing a team of auditors, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial statements whilst providing valuable insights to our esteemed clients. This role calls for strong managerial skills, technical expertise in accounting and auditing combined with solid communications skills. Additionally, our prospective Audit Manager must be fully qualified and hold a minimum of 4 years of recent work expose in auditing.
Your Day-to-Day Overview:
- Managing a client portfolio to ensure that all client needs are adhered to within the stipulated deadlines by managing the planning of the engagement and assuring that the appropriate resources are allocated.
- Liaising with clients in relation to all necessary preparations and compilation of documents, concurrently seeking to sustain a productive working relationship with them and promoting their overall satisfaction.
- Guiding the assigned audit team by providing them feedback, reviewing their work and coaching them as and when required.
- Reviewing financial statements and other reporting documents.
- Ensuring that all numbers are accurate, regulations are complied with and that the firm is in line with all statutory requirements.
- Utilising and keeping oneself well-versed with audit technology and the applicable firm-related standard software to ensure that all engagement targets are attained and service delivery is enforced. Providing training in this aspect will be required.
- Attending meetings on an adhoc basis with clients and other team members within the Audit department and/or Directors.
- Understanding and being well-updated about the firm’s service lines and actively assess and present ways to apply the relevant knowledge and necessary services.
- Supporting or handling other functions in line with the job designation of an Audit Manager and its required skills set.
- Already residing in Malta.
- A completed and successful ACCA qualification or any other recognized Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressive work experience in the audit sector with a reputable audit and accounting firm. Candidates with a Big 4 background and at least 2 years in a managerial or supervisory role will be given preference.
- Be proficient in GAPSME and IFRS reporting frameworks and preferably also in International Auditing Standards.
- Must communicate flawlessly and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing (no less than a C1 level).
- Availability to work on a full-time basis (40 hours from Monday to Friday)
- Demonstrating a positive attitude to continue learning and expanding on their knowledge and skills set – both in terms of the various client industries and one’s role as a manager.
- Possess an eye for detail, maintain a deadline-oriented approach and instilling these skills to the team.
- A good communicator and listener who enjoys being part of a multinational team of professionals.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership qualities whilst being able to motivate and mentor team members.
What We Offer:
Our motto is “Happy clients are the result of hard work from our happy employees”. We strongly believe that our employees represent the firm. They work hard and well for our success, and we strive to ensure that they are well-rewarded for it.
We are proud of our efforts to sustain a positive, enjoyable, and healthy work environment for everyone. Throughout the year we organise several team building and company events to treat the whole team and provide a fully paid mobile phone connection for both work and personal purposes.
Our firm is committed in providing attractive career growth prospects and opportunities to enhance your professional development and exposure, combined with all necessary training and upskilling. We sponsor your yearly professional training requirements plus related seminars, webinars and conferences that would be of interest.
We offer a highly competitive remuneration that is commensurate with your experience, qualifications, and willingness to continuously advance your professional development and performance.
Our role requires on-site work from our office in Imriehel, Malta. Office hours are from Monday to Friday between 08:30 to 17:00 but the working hours are flexible, meaning that you can start and finish your workday anytime between 07:00 and 17:30. We strive to support our work-life balance commitments by implementing summer hours every year, which entail working till 14:00 at least once a week throughout summer.
🤩 Interested? 🤩
If you are looking for an energetic and refreshing workplace where colleagues become friends and hard work is recognized, then let us get to know you!
Get in touch by sending a motivation email alongside a recent and well-detailed CV to email@example.com.
Your personal data will be processed by us solely for our recruitment purposes and your relationship with the firm in the case of an employment prospective.
✅ Know anyone who might be interested?
💶 An attractive referral bonus will be offered if you refer us to our next ✨ star-candidate ✨ for this role!
To learn more about the vacancy, contact:
Application Form - Assistant Audit Manager
Borg Galea is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures