We are on the lookout for our next full-time Accountant to join our growing accounting team!
If you are fully qualified, possess at least 2 years of experience and are up for an exciting career
change with the opportunity to grow in the coming months, then this is the right place for you!
You should be comfortable working on and leading accounting projects of various sizes and be
confident to delegate tasks and setting deadlines to other members of the team as and when
required, concurrently assisting the accounting director in the successful management of our junior
An Overview of What You’ll Be Doing:
- The daily monitoring of bookkeeping activities
- Maintaining company accounting records and preparing periodic management reports (monthly, quarterly or yearly)
- Compiling statutory and regulatory requirement submissions
- Handling system postings needed prior to preparation of management accounts
- Preparing monthly detailed management accounts
- Preparing periodic reports and help in the preparation of the budget process
- Liaising with external auditors to assist in their queries and ensuring proper compliance with all regulations
- Compiling and submitting VAT returns
- Interpreting and providing financial data to non-financial managers
- Performing ad hoc requests by management that might arise from time to timeg
What We Are Looking for in You:
- Already living in Malta and in possession of the relevant permit to work
- Holding a complete ACCA qualification or a University degree in Accountancy
- Having a minimum of 2 years of local experience, which includes extensive knowledge in Maltese VAT and income tax legislation
- An excellent command of English, both verbally and in writing. Fluency in any other language/s, especially German, is a big plus.
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Word. Familiarity in the use of an accounting software is also essential
- You are a good communicator and an active listener
- Having strong organisational skills and a good eye for detail
- A pro in good time management skills and being able to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Eagerness to be part of our team and contribute to the continuing success of the firm
What We Offer:
We believe that our employees are integral for our firm and our clients. If you are looking for an
energetic workplace where colleagues are friends, hard work is recognized and would like to work
in a refreshing environment, then we want to hear from you.
At Borg Galea & Associates, we are committed in providing attractive career growth prospects and
opportunities to enhance your professional development and exposure.
We offer remuneration that is commensurate with your experience, qualifications and willingness
to enhance your professional development.
Our normal opening hours are from Monday to Friday between 08:30 to 17:00. You will be expected
to work from our brand-new office in Imriehel, Malta. We offer flexible working hours in terms of
starting and finishing your workday.
Your personal data will be processed by us for our recruitment purposes and the employee’s
relationship with the firm in case of employment.
Borg Galea & Associates is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment
and we take care to avoid any form of discrimination in our recruitment processes.
To learn more about the vacancy, contact:
Application Form -Accountant
Borg Galea is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures