An Overview of What You’ll Be Doing:
- The daily monitoring of bookkeeping activities
- Maintaining company accounting records and preparing periodic management reports (monthly, quarterly, or yearly)
- Compiling statutory and regulatory requirement submissions
- Handling system postings needed before preparation of management accounts
- Preparing monthly detailed management accounts
- Preparing periodic reports and helping in the preparation of the budget process
- Liaising with external auditors to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Compiling and submitting VAT returns
- Interpreting and providing financial data to non-financial managers
- Performing ad hoc requests by top management
What We Are Looking for in You:
- You are currently starting or are in the process of acquiring an accounting qualification such as ACCA or possess an Advanced Diploma in Accounting
- Preferably already possess experience and good knowledge in the field
- You possess very good knowledge of Excel and Word. Familiarity with the use of accounting software is advantageous
- You are fluent in English. Fluency in additional language/s is a plus
- You are a good communicator and an active listener
- You have strong organisational skills and a good eye for detail
- You think outside the box with a high element of pro-activeness
- You have good time management skills and can multi-task and prioritise tasks
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Able to work in a group and work with various departments
- You are willing to be part of a fast-growing international and local work environment
- You are dependable, exhibit a professional demeanour and demonstrate a positive ‘Can Do’ attitude
What We Offer:
We believe that our employees are integral to our firm and our clients. If you are looking for an energetic workplace where colleagues are friends, hard work is recognized and would like to work in a refreshing environment, then we want to hear from you.
At Borg Galea & Associates, we are committed to providing attractive career growth prospects and opportunities to enhance your professional development and exposure.
We offer remuneration that is commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
The normal working hours are from Monday to Friday between 08:30 to 17:00. You will be expected to work mostly from the company’s office in Santa Venera. Flexible hours are possible. Your personal data will be processed by Borg Galea & Associates for its recruitment purposes and the employee’s relationship with the firm in case of employment.
Borg Galea & Associates is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment process.
To learn more about the vacancy, contact:
Application Form - Junior Accountant
Borg Galea is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures