Senior Audit Manager
Are you ready to take your career in audit management to the next level? Are you a seasoned professional with a passion for precision and a keen eye for detail? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Join our growing and dynamic team as a Senior Audit Manager where you will be provided with the opportunity to showcase your expertise, drive strategic initiatives, and make a lasting impact on our firm’s continuing success. If you’re ready to elevate your career and play a pivotal role in shaping our future, we want to hear from you. Come be a part of our dedicated team, where excellence in audit management is not just a goal but a way of life.
Your Day to Day Overview:
As a Senior Audit Manager, the following are the main day to day responsibilities:
- Project Management:
- Managing the firm’s portfolio
- Contributing during partner meetings in the planning of the firm’s engagements
- Client Communication:
- Building and maintaining client relationships
- Understanding the clients’ business needs and ensuring their full satisfaction
- Team Leader:
- Being an exemplary team leader by supervising and mentoring the audit team to ensure audit procedures are executed accurately and efficiently.
- Fostering and sustaining a collaborative and supportive work environment within the audit department as well as the whole firm in general.
- Technical Expertise:
- Staying well-updated with accounting and auditing standards, regulations and industry trends to ensure compliance and provide technical guidance to the audit team.
- Quality Control:
- Ensuring that audit work complies with the firm’s quality control standards and procedures.
- Business Development:
- Identifying opportunities for additional services or cross-selling other services offered by the firm to clients.
- Assisting the partners by providing KPI’s.
- Continual Improvement:
- Contributing to the improvement of audit methodologies, processes, and tools within the firm.
- Already residing in Malta.
- A completed and successful ACCA qualification or any other recognized university degree in accounting.
- A minimum of 5 years of recent and progressive work experience in the audit sector with a reputable audit and accounting firm. Combined with a Big 4 background and at least 2 years within a managerial role, this would be a huge plus.
- Be proficient in GAPSME and IFRS reporting frameworks and preferably also in International Auditing Standards.
- Must communicate flawlessly and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing (no less than a C1 level).
- Availability to work on a full-time basis (40 hours from Monday to Friday).
- Demonstrating a positive attitude to continue learning and expanding on your knowledge and skills set – both in terms of the various client industries and one’s role as a senior manager.
- Possess an eye for detail, maintain a deadline-oriented approach and instilling these skills to the team.
- A good communicator and listener who enjoys being part of a multinational team of professionals.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership qualities whilst being able to motivate and mentor team members.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries in-line with industry trends and commensurate with one’s qualifications, work experience and managerial skillset.
- Recognition for exceptional performance combined with performance bonuses.
- Support to one’s professional development through both in-house and external training initiatives.
- Flexible working hours, meaning that you can start and finish your workday anytime between 07:00 and 17:30.
- A modern and accessible workplace in a centrally located office with a youthful, multicultural, and welcoming team.
- Commitment to a healthy work-life balance, such as summer reduced hours.
- An open-door policy with managers, seniors and partners.
- A fully paid mobile phone connection that can be used for both personal and work commitments.
- Employee ‘referral’ bounties ranging from €500 to €2500 for successful referrals.
- Super adequate compensation should overtime work be required.
- Monthly team bonding activities plus at least three company events per year.
🤩 Interested? 🤩
If you are looking for an energetic and refreshing workplace where colleagues become friends and hard work is recognized, then let us get to know you!
Apply by sending a motivation email and attaching a recent and well-detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Borg Galea & Associates is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures.
Your personal data will be processed by Borg Galea & Associates solely for its recruitment purposes and the employee’s relationship with the firm in case of employment.
✅ Know anyone who might be interested?
💶 An attractive referral bonus will be offered if you refer us to our next ✨ star-candidate ✨ for this role!
To learn more about the vacancy, contact:
Application Form - Assistant Audit Manager
Borg Galea is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures