Assistant Audit Manager
We are seeking to recruit a full-time Assistant Audit Manager to join our growing firm.
If you are fully qualified, possess at least 4 years of work experience in audit and are up for an
exciting career with a growing firm, then this is the right place for you!
You should excel in working on and leading teams of auditing engagements of various sizes
and across a portfolio of clients in various industries. Being comfortable and confident to
delegate tasks and setting deadlines to other members of the team as and when required is
also essential. Concurrently, you will be assisting the audit manager and directors in the
successful management of our audit team and the completion of all audit engagements.
An Overview of What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working with the audit director and audit manager to plan audits
- Delegating work to junior and senior auditors in our team and then reviewing their work
- Solving audit-related issues
- Liaising with clients concerning all necessary preparations and compilation of documents
- Managing, coaching, and motivating the audit team
- Advising clients with accounting and auditing issues that might be identified during the audit stage
- Attending meetings with clients and senior auditors and completing the audit report
- Ensuring that audit deadlines are met
- Completing the file for partner review
What We Are Looking for in You:
- A complete ACCA qualification or a recognized accounting University degree
- At least 4 years of auditing experience, two of which must have been spent leading an audit engagement team. Experience working with the Big4 would be considered a strong asset
- Be proficient in GAPSME and IFRS reporting frameworks and preferably also in International Auditing Standards
- Must communicate confidently and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Be organised, able to work under pressure and concurrently maintain an eye for detail
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, be a good team player and possess a solid aptitude towards continuous professional development
- Familiarity and confidence in providing regular feedback, supervision and coaching to juniors and seniors
What We Offer:
Our firm’s success is the result of our satisfied clients and our happy employees. We strongly believe that our employees represent the firm, and we acknowledge their hard work, dedication and commitment. In exchange for this, we make sure they are acknowledged, rewarded, and supported.
If you are looking for an energetic workplace where colleagues are friends, hard work is appreciated and you cannot wait to be part of an innovative environment, then let’s get to know one another!
At Borg Galea & Associates, we are committed to providing attractive career growth prospects and opportunities to enhance your professional development and exposure. We offer remuneration that is commensurate with your experience, qualifications, and current industry trends.
The normal working hours are from Monday to Friday between 08:30 to 17:00. You will be expected to work from the company’s office. We offer flexible working hours regarding starting and finishing your workday.
To learn more about the vacancy, contact:
Application Form - Assistant Audit Manager
Borg Galea is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures