Accounting and Tax Executive
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Accounting and Tax Executive to join our growing accounting and tax team!
If you are fully qualified, possess at least 2 years of Client accounting and Maltese tax experience, and are up for an exciting career change, then we invite you to keep on reading. You might be the next person joining our professional and vibrant team!
An Overview of What You’ll Be Doing:
- Bookkeeping for a portfolio of clients (posting of invoices, reconciliation of bank statements, handle workings for accruals and prepayments).
- Preparing monthly/quarterly detailed management accounts.
- Liaison with the auditors.
- Reviewing of financial statements under IFRS and GAPSME framework.
- Compiling and submitting VAT returns.
- Compiling and submitting tax returns and tax refund claim forms.
- Review of work carried out by Junior team members with attention to detail.
- Liaising with external auditors to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
- Communicate with clients to acquire the necessary paperwork and documentation to complete the accounting and corporate tax returns.
- Review and verify client’s tax forms to ensure their proper and timely submissions.
- Research tax laws and regulations while seeking the advice of the accounting director when dealing with particularly challenging tax circumstances.
- Assist clients with benefitting from any applicable tax credit schemes.
- Respond to notices from tax authorities and liaise with the relevant entities.
- Assist non-financial managers with the interpretation and provision of financial data.
What We Are Looking for in You:
- You are qualified with an Accounting or Finance degree or ACCA. If you are in the final stages of your ACCA qualification but have experience in Maltese taxation and are already in possession of the FÓ module, then we encourage you to apply as well.
- Possess a minimum of at least 2 years of working experience in Accounting and Maltese tax.
- If you have work experience with a Big 4 firm, that would be a huge plus.
- Experience with client accounting
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Tools, particularly Excel.
- Proficiency in the use of accounting software
- Complete fluency in English, both verbal and written (no less than C1 and/or C2 in reading, writing, speaking, and listening)
- A good communicator and active listener
- Possess strong organizational skills and a good eye for detail
- Can work independently and manage one’s time effectively, especially prioritizing tasks and switching from one task to the other when needed
- Able to work well under pressure, especially because of deadlines
- A dependable and responsible individual coupled with a professional demeanor
What We Offer:
We believe that our employees are integral for our firm and our clients. We acknowledge hard work and reward our employees for it. Several team-building events and company events are organized throughout the year and we also offer a fully paid mobile phone connection to all employees.
If you are looking for an energetic workplace where colleagues are friends, hard work is recognized and would like to work in a refreshing environment, then we want to hear from you.
At Borg Galea & Associates, we are committed in providing attractive career growth prospects and opportunities to enhance your professional development and exposure. If you are willing and determined to reach new career heights, we would be more than willing to help you achieve your full potential.
We offer remuneration that is commensurate with your experience and qualifications, as well as performance bonuses to reward hard work, commitment, and determination. To sustain and enhance your professional development, we pay for your yearly training requirements that are needed for the accounting and tax profession as well as related seminars, webinars and conferences that would be of interest.
Our flexible working hours are from Monday to Friday between 07:00 to 17:30 from our office in Imriehel. Our 2023 summer working hours entail working till 14:00 every Wednesday and Friday.
Apply here via our website or by emailing your motivation and a well-detailed CV to email@example.com
Your personal data will be processed by Borg Galea & Associates for its recruitment purposes and the employee’s relationship with the firm in case of employment.
✅ Know anyone who might be interested? 💶 An attractive referral bonus will be offered if you refer to us a ✨ successful ✨ individual for this role!
To learn more about the vacancy, contact:
Application Form -Accounts Executive
Borg Galea is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures