We are currently on the lookout for a full-time Accounting Manager to join our growing accounting team!
If you are fully qualified, already well-experienced in the accounting profession and are up for an exciting career change, then we invite you to keep on reading.
An Overview of What You’ll Be Doing:
- Providing ongoing support to a portfolio of both local and international clients.
- Managing the accounting team and monitoring performance. Providing feedback, guidance and coaching as and when necessary.
- Ensuring that all assigned tasks to the team are carried out within the pre-determined deadlines.
- Liaising with external auditors in the course of the audit and being the main point of contact.
- Reviewing the financial statements.
- Handle optimal resource allocation.
- Prepare legal documentation and other reports as required by the Companies’ Act and other relevant and applicable laws.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the quality of the Company’s accounting following IFRS’s, GAPSME, and the Companies’ Act.
- Assist with and oversee any tax-related matters.
- Assist non-financial managers with the interpretation and provision of financial data.
- Perform any ad hoc requests by management that might arise from time to time
What We Are Looking for in You:
- You are qualified with an Accounting or Finance degree and preferably also with a master’s in accountancy or ACCA.
- Proven working experience of at least 5 years within client accounting and as an Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor , or Finance Manager.
- Previous work experience with a Big 4 firm will be considered a huge plus.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Tools, particularly Excel.
- Ample proficiency in the use of accounting software.
- Well-versed in IFRS and GAPSME and ideally knowledgeable in Maltese VAT and tax refund claim forms.
- Complete fluency in English, both verbal and written (no less than C1 and/or C2 in reading, writing, speaking, and listening).
- A good communicator and active listener.
- Possess strong organizational skills and a good eye for detail.
- Able to work well under pressure and deal with unexpected changes on a day-to-day basis, especially in times of tight deadlines.
- Robust analytical skills.
- A dependable and responsible individual coupled with a professional demeanor.
- Must possess the ability to direct and supervise and feel comfortable with managing and delegating tasks to the team.
What We Offer:
We believe that our employees are integral to our firm and our clients. If you are looking for an energetic workplace where colleagues are friends, hard work is recognized and would like to work in a refreshing environment, then we want to hear from you.
At Borg Galea & Associates, we are committed to providing attractive career growth prospects and opportunities to enhance your professional development and exposure.
We offer remuneration that is commensurate with your experience, qualifications, industry trends and your willingness to enhance your professional development.
Our normal office hours are from Monday to Friday between 08:30 to 17:00. You will be working from our brand-new office in Imriehel, Malta. We offer flexible working hours in terms of starting and finishing your workday.
Your personal data will be processed by us solely for our recruitment purposes and the employee’s relationship with the firm in case of employment.
Borg Galea & Associates is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, and we take ample care to avoid any form of discrimination in our recruitment processes.
To learn more about the vacancy, contact:
Application Form - Accounting Manager
Borg Galea is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures